NAQ Network of Women (NOW) is organising a NAQ women symposium on the occasion of International Women’s Day 2018. The details of the events are below.
- Date: Saturday March 3, 2018
- Venue: Chermside Library (375 Hamilton Road, Chermside, 4032)
- Time: 1 pm to 5:30 pm
The theme of the symposium will be based on issues of Nepalese Women in Australia. Expressions of Interests (EOI) are invited from prospective contributors and participants. The suggested topics, but not limited to are
- Women in leadership
- Success stories
- Bully and sexual violence
- Work life balance
- Women in Technology (STEM)
- Community and volunteering
- Diversity and inclusions
- Communication and social media
- Conflict management
NAQ NOW looks forward to great participation and support from you to establish a community forum to identify the hidden issues and collective ways to address them for the benefit of wider Nepalese community.
Nepalese Association of Queensland is organising NAQ Student Information and Welfare Session. You are all cordially invited to participate and contribute in the interaction. Please note that it’s not just only for new students. It’s for all students and youth.
Date: 25 February, 2pm to 6pm
10 Love Street
Brisbane QLD 4000
Tentative topics of discussion are
1) Job Access (Resume and interview preparation, Reference, job search, and so on
2) Australian Law and legal responsibilities
3) Stay Safe (water safety, night out, peer pressure and more
4) Mental and social Wellbeing (counselling, social group, addiction, gambling, and more )
5) Mentorship from Experts in the field and more
NAQ Sharing Platform for Experience, Aspirations, Knowledge and Skills (NAQ SPEAKS) is organising an event NAQ SPEAKS Colloquium 2018. The theme of the colloquium is “Get to the Edge and See Beyond.”
- Date: Sunday February 11, 2018
- Venue: Indooroopilly Library (Level 4, Indooroopilly Shopping Centre, 322 Moggill Rd, Indooroopilly QLD 4068)
- Time: 12 pm to 4pm
The colloquium will bring together the experts from our community and will be a forum for sharing of Experience, Aspirations, Knowledge and Skills. Expressions of Interests (EOI) are invited from prospective contributors to present materials that are good to know and are somehow related to the daily life of the community members. The suggested topics as example, but not limited to are
- Personal Health/Public Health/Nursing
- Engineering/Emerging Technologies
- Media/Culture/Public Relations
- Projects for Nepal
Interested contributors are requested plan 10 to 15 minutes talk and send an abstract of 50-100 words to one of the contacts below by Friday February 2, 2018.
- Birochan Shrestha, email@example.com, 0430962678
- Roshan Pokharel, firstname.lastname@example.org, 0424740382
- Mac Bista, Mbista4heal@gmail.com, 0481292056
- Sudarshan Dahal, email@example.com, 0432837495
The submitted abstract will be used for preparing program information to the audience. Please feel free to contact us for further details.
NAQ SPEAKS is also starting Mentorship programs to assist our aspiring community members to achieve their goal. NAQ Mentorship program will be available for career development as well as community leadership development. NAQ will endeavour to assign a suitable mentor to each of the interested members from within the community. NAQ is looking forward to great support from our experienced senior community members as a mentor to support our recently migrated and/or early career members. NAQ will be looking forward to your attendance in SPEAKS Colloquiums which could also be a common interests platform to prospective mentors and mentees. Please let us know how you would like to support NAQ for this initiative.