Nepalese Association of Queensland (NAQ) Excellence Awards are held each year which acknowledge the outstanding academic achievement and community service. These awards are available to any person of Nepalese origin and their family members regardless of their gender, race, religious and political background, residing temporarily or permanently with valid permit in Queensland, Australia.
This year, the excellence awards shall be presented in the following categories:
1. Academic Excellence Award
There are four awards available in this category. The sub-categories of this award are:
- High School Level award
- University Level award for bachelor’s degree
- University Level award for master’s degree
- Doctorate degree award
2. Community Service Award
A single award shall be presented in this category. The recommendation for this award shall be based on the evaluation of the nominated person’s service to the community, motivation, attitude, integrity, selfless dedication for the welfare and goodwill of the community, contribution towards the development and propagation of Nepalese culture, heritage and language within the community and beyond.
For community service award category, the person can either self-nominate or any other Nepalese community member residing in Queensland can recommend a suitable person for the award. In case of any community member/s recommending the other person of the community for the award, the recommending person/s must give in writing why he or she is deserved to be recognized and awarded by giving a brief history of the contributions and sacrifices that the person has made to the community.
The self-nominating person for the community service award needs to provide his or her resume highlighting the contributions and the services that he or she has rendered to the community.
Each candidates filing nominations for the award has to fill in the prescribed nomination form below. For academic excellence awards the prescribed form needs to be accompanied by other supporting documents/credentials such as Queensland High school result e.g. as OP score, GPA, other certificate/s and testimonials which will assist the selection committee in making unbiased and impartial judgement on their achievements.
How to Nominate
Nomination form can be downloaded from http://naq.org.au/
Nepalese Association of Queensland Inc. (NAQ) would like to invite to the Sagarmatha Tennis Championship 2018 on Sunday ,22 July 2018.
Date, Time & Venue:
- Sunday, 22 July 2018
- 10 AM to 4 PM
- Gregory Terrace Tennis Centre – 285 Gregory Terrace, Spring Hill, QLD 4000
- Surendra Ghimire: ( 0401 903 304, email: email@example.com)
- Hari Khadka ( 0421 450 811, email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Deepak Regmi ( 0402 443 018, email: email@example.com)
- Anup Gurung ( 0451 358 972, email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Mac Bista ( 0481 292 056, email: email@example.com)
- Amrit Poudel (0415 368 644, email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
NAQ would like to welcome you all at Sagarmatha Table Tennis Championship 2018.
The details of the event are as follows:
- Event: Sagarmatha Table Tennis Championship 2018.
- Date: Sunday 13 May 2018.
- Time: 10am start, Hall will be available from 9am for warm up.
- Venue: Brisbane Table Tennis Association, 86 Green Tce, Windsor.
- Categories: Men single, Men(45+) Single, Women single and Children single.
- Registration fee: Men and Women $10.00, free for children.