Dear NAQ members,
NAQ Executive Committee (EC) has constituted a 3-member Election Commission to conduct an election for the office bearers and members of the Executive Committee of Nepalese Association of Queensland Inc. (NAQ) for year 2017/2018. The election will be held on Sunday, the 29th of October 2017 during the forthcoming NAQ’s Annual General Meeting (AGM).
The nomination for the candidacy for the following NAQ EC positions is now open:
4. Treasurer, and
5. Executive Members (five positions).
Please find the copy of NAQ Candidacy Application Form here for the election. A list of NAQ financial members will be made available at a later date by NAQ EC.
Following conditions apply for the nomination of candidacy and the election:
- Only the valid financial members of NAQ Inc. who have taken membership for more than one year as of the date of this announcement will be eligible to nominate as a candidate for the election.
- A member will be allowed to nominate as a candidate for only one EC positon.
- Each candidate nominating for candidacy must have at least one valid NAQ member, eligible for voting, to endorse his or her nomination.
- A duly completed and signed nomination form must be sent to the Election Commission by email (email@example.com) no later than 13th of October 2017. Any nominations received after the due date will not be entertained.
- Any withdrawal of candidacy must be done no later than 20th of October 2017 by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In the event that no nominations were received for any or some of the EC positions by the due date, the provisions of the NAQ’s Succession Plan will be implemented in accordance with article 7.5 of the NAQ’s Constitution.
- If more than one nomination is received for a position, an election will be held for the position by secret balloting. The arrangements for the polling will be provided later.
- If only one nomination is received for the position, the candidate will be automatically elected uncontested and no election will be held for the position.
The article 3.3.1 of the NAQ constitution has also made the provision of nominating two advisors for NAQ EC from within NAQ members. The Election Commission will consider the “Expression of Interests (EOI)” from the members during the AGM to become “Advisors” to the NAQ EC for 2017-18 Term. If more than two EOIs are received, the Returning Officers will make a selection of two candidates based on their involvement in and contribution to NAQ activities and present to the AGM for endorsement.
We will also like to draw your attention to the following:
- The result of the election for NAQ EC for year 2017-18 will be announced during the NAQ AGM.
- The decisions of the Election Commission will be final and no complains or actions will be entertained.
- The duties of the Returning Officers will cease after the election result has been announced and elected NAQ EC members have been introduced to the AGM.
If you need any further information, please do not hesitate to call or send an e-mail to any of the following members of the Election Commission.
Mobile number: 04 3033 9989
Anita Adhikari Ale Magar
Mobile number: 04 0273 0156
Mobile number: 04 0244 3018
Members of Election Commission
NAQ Election for 2017/2018
Election Commission for NAQ EC for 2017/2018
It is our immense pleasure to inform you that NAQ is presenting a festive event “Teej Celebration 2074”, a Ladies only event, managed by a group of highly enthusiastic and talented ladies from our community. Details of the event are outlined below.
Event Lead: Reena Parajuli, Mobile: 0411 079 009, email@example.com
Members: Urmila Tuladhar Mobile: 0402 708 713
Rajeshwori Acharya Mobile: 0410 652 935
Sabita Sigdel Mobile: 0452 445 036
Sunita Bhattarai Mobile: 0403 709 870
Anu Shahi Thakuri Mobile: 0421 865 922
Prapti Thapa Mobile: 0449 749 164
Date & Time: 5 August 2017, 4 PM – 10 PM
Venue: Mary Mac Hall, 616 Ipswich Road, Annerley, QLD 4103
Entry Fees: $ 10 ($ 20 if purchased after 25 July 2017)
Tickets are limited, please contact any of the Organising Committee members to secure your tickets asap.
- Special Performance by one of the most popular Nepalese Singer Sindhu Malla
- Professional Photography
- Teej Geet Selection (Please advise list of songs of your choice to be played during the event by 25 July 2017 to Rajeshwori Acharya, Mobile: 0410 652 935, firstname.lastname@example.org, Organising Committee will finalise the list based on popular request)
- Best Dancer of the Day Trophy
- Best traditional dress Trophy
- Fun Teej based Games
- Raffle Ticket
- Food Stall
If you would like to advice or share ideas to make this event better, please feel free to contact any of the Organising Committee.
We all together can make this event a very memorable one.